Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Beginnings

I don't have a lot of time to make this post because it's late and my husband is shaving. (That's a big deal *wink wink*) But I wanted to post my Memorial Day update. First, I think it is great that we live in a country that tries to appreciate it's armed services and give them the credit they're due. I think there are very valuable lessons to teach our children on this holiday that is known for "Being the start of Summer." I hope to instill in my children, a great respect for all who service and the families who support our service members.

Let me say with this "Day 1" post, I have realized how infrequently I get my picture taken. The pictures I've seen of me in the last three years have all been profile pictures that showcase my father's nose and my mother's double chin (hey, I'm being honest here) or they have me with my mouth agape or looking startled. I laughed nervously through this little photo session but the pictures don't show that. These pictures show a terrified overweight woman who desperately wants to change her life.

Without further ado...



Hi, that's me, SM. I'm actually a girly girl which you couldn't possibly tell by my lack of makeup, bad hair covered in a bandanna (dude, I've got ROOTS)and not a single piece of jewelry in sight.

This is my body...after four kids, many nights of Taco Bell, Chipotle, and Burger King, heaps of stress, genetic propensity and a whole lot of daily pain.


Don't think I'm making excuses, this IS my fault...



This is my fault because I lack self control. Because while I do think I'm a selfish person, I don't put my health first because I don't love myself. Wait...did I just say that? OMGosh...That's huge eh? I hope my chair here is as comfy as a shrink's couch because I've got a lot of "stuff" to declutter to get to the other side of this mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment