Friday, May 28, 2010

It burns us! It burns us!!

My shoulders are burning right now and they're a little swollen, the feeling stretches across my back. It feels like the muscles are screaming and every nerve ending is revolting. My upper thighs hurt in a similar fashion. My knees ache and I have no energy. Today is a "bad day." I have a lot of bad days. Being in pain makes me irrational, moody, short tempered and all around it morphs me into a person who isn't very nice to be around.

I'll be honest with you, I've been having problems with pain for over a year now and I've never been to the doctor. For several reasons, first, my mother was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year and she's had a very hard time getting her doctor to listen her. Second, if I do have Fibromyalgia I feel like the only treatment is anti-inflammatory meds (which today sound like a good idea..) and pain medicine on an everyday basis. And I've seen my mom, her quality of life isn't greatly increased by these measures. Third? She had to go through a lot of testing and I'm really not interested in the poking and prodding. (Can you tell I hate Doctors and medicine yet?)

When I work out I feel worse. I am even more exhausted and I literally do not accomplish anything on the days I work out. Having four children and homeschooling don't really go well with being unable to function.

The hope is that I am going to lose a significant amount of weight fairly rapidly and I will be able to see if my weight is what's causing the pain. If I don't see some improvement soon in the pain arena, I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the doctor. (Who knows I'm fat and I'm going to diet but doesn't know I live in pain most of the time)

PS My husband thinks I have cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment